Species: Cystophora cristata
Release Weight: 44.1kg
Release Length: 97cm
Tag Placement: Dorsal /shoulders
Release Date: 2/4/00
Release Location: Crescent Beach, Cape Elizabeth, Maine
This juvenile male hooded seal was found stranded on Wells Beach, Maine on January 10, 2000. A Marine Animal Lifeline Rescue Team responded and transported him to the Lifeline's rehabilitation center in Maine. Bubba was admitted into rehabilitation and immediately started on antibiotic treatment. He was ailing from a bacterial infection along with symptoms of moderate dehydration. He responded very well to treatment and was in rehabilitation for a total of 26 days.
|Data and Maps|
- Data Sheet"Bubba" Satellite Fixes, the Hooded Seal
- Final Report
- Tracking Map - , Present and Past Locations Map [Previous Area MAP]
Release Location Map.
Detailed Movement Map 2/9/00
Detailed Movement Map 3/3/00
Detailed Movement Map 3/27/00
Detailed Movement Map 4/12/00
Addition blank maps for plotting positions.
- Reports on "Bubba"
- Map Generator Generate your own maps of any location.Addition blank maps ready to use for plotting positions.
- Distance Generator Use this to determine the distance and heading between any two fixes.
- Nation Data Buoy Center for weather and sea conditions near "Bubba" and around the United States.
- More Tools